It is double-header week here at Monroe Information Services and here is the first installment of our double-header blog post. Stay tuned for the posting for Maine later this week!
- Louisiana Legislature: https://www.legis.state.la.us/
- Louisiana Bill Lookup: https://www.legis.state.la.us/searchweb.asp
- List of Links to Louisiana House Members: https://house.louisiana.gov/H_Reps/H_Reps_ByName.asp
- List of Links to Louisiana Senate Members: https://senate.legis.state.la.us/Senators/
- Legislative Process: https://www.legis.state.la.us/howdoi.htm
- Governor Signing Information: Once legislation is transmitted to the Governor, he must sign or veto within 10 days or it becomes law without signature. If the legislation is transmitted with less than 10 days left in the session, the Governor has 20 days to act or it becomes law without signature.
- Effective Dates for Signed Legislation: Bills passed before 2012 become effective on August 15th of the year they were passed, unless otherwise indicated in the text of the bill. Bills passed in 2012 and going forward become effective on August 1st of the year they are passed, unless otherwise indicated in the text of the bill. Laws passed during special sessions become effective 60 days after the special session adjourns.
- Louisiana Register: Published monthly on the 20th day at https://doa.louisiana.gov/osr/reg/register.htm
- Louisiana Office of State Register Timetable for Rulemaking: https://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/agency/timetable.htm
- Louisiana Administrative Code: https://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/lac/lac.htm
- Louisiana Administrative Procedure Act: https://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/apa.pdf
- Rulemaking process FAQ: https://www.doa.louisiana.gov/osr/agency/frequently%20asked%20questions.pdf
- State Agency Directory: https://louisiana.gov/Government/Agency_Index/
- State Government Telephone Directory (2011): https://doa.louisiana.gov/otm/listings/sgtd.pdf