This is a list of resources for the state of Kansas that I have found useful in my legislative and regulatory research. This marks week 16 of my endeavor. Please tune in next time when we tackle Kentucky! As always, thanks for reading!
- Kansas Legislature: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/
- Kansas Bill Lookup: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/year1/measures/
- List of Links to Kansas House Members: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/chamber/house/roster/
- List of Links to Kansas Senate Members: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/chamber/senate/roster/
- Legislative Process: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/m/pdf/how_bill_law.pdf
- Governor Signing Information: Once the Governor receives legislation, he has ten days to sign or veto. If he does nothing, it becomes law without signature.
- Effective Dates for Signed Legislation: A bill's effective date is usually noted at the end of the bill's text. If not, it becomes effective upon publication in the statute book which happens on July 1 of the year the bill passed.
- Kansas Register: https://www.kssos.org/pubs/pubs_kansas_register.asp
- Kansas Joint Committee on Administrative Rules and Regulations: https://www.kslegislature.org/li/b2011_12/year1/committees/ctte_jt_rules_regs_1/
- Kansas Administrative Regulations: https://www.kssos.org/pubs/pubs_kar.aspx
- Kansas Administrative Procedure Act (Article 5): https://www.kslegislature.org/li/statute/077_000_0000_chapter/
- State Agency Directory and State Employee Phonebook: https://www.da.ks.gov/phonebook/