Thanks to all you bloggers and twitterers (tweeters?) out there who have posted/tweeted about my 50 state challenge. The more widespread the word, the more satisfying the work! Here is Illinois – lucky state number thirteen! Thanks for reading!
- Illinois General Assembly: https://www.ilga.gov/
- Illinois Bill Lookup: https://www.ilga.gov/legislation/default.asp
- List of Links to Illinois House Members: https://www.ilga.gov/house/
- List of Links to Illinois Senate Members: https://www.ilga.gov/senate/
- Legislative Process: https://www.ilga.gov/commission/lrb/lrbres.htm#LEGISLATIVE
- Crossover Deadline: 4/15/2011
- Governor Signing Information: The Governor has 60 days to return a bill or else it becomes law. If the General Assembly adjourns within those 60 days, the Governor must return the bill to the Secretary of State within the original 60 days.
- Effective Dates for Signed Legislation: If a bill is passed prior to June 1, it takes effect the following January 1. If it is passed after May 31, it takes effect June 1 of the following year. This is true unless the bill has an effective date in the text.
- Illinois Administrative Code: Published every Friday at https://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/index/register/home.html
Illinois Joint Committee on Administrative Rules: https://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/default.htm
- This link also provides access to the committee's annual report which is an overview of the rules review activities for the previous year.
- Illinois Administrative Code: https://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/admincode/titles.html
- Illinois Rulemaking Process: https://www.ilga.gov/commission/jcar/ILRulemakingProcess.pdf
- State Agency Directory: https://www2.illinois.gov/pages/agencies.aspx
- State Telephone Directory: https://www.illinois.gov/teledirectory/