Margaret Wood recently guest posted on the Library of Congress blog about the history of the 2011 U.S. Debt Ceiling Legislation. Unrelated bill titles of vehicle bills served to confound those hoping to get a look at the legislation. As it can often be so difficult to find a bill by its name, I truly appreciate any state offering an organization of bills by subject. Thank you, Idaho!
- Idaho Legislature: https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/
- Idaho Bill Lookup: https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/legislation/2011/legIndex.htm
- List of Links to Idaho House Members: https://www.legislature.idaho.gov/house/membership.cfm
- List of Links to Idaho Senate Members: https://legislature.idaho.gov/senate/membership.cfm
- Legislative Process: https://legislature.idaho.gov/about/howabillbecomesalaw.htm
- Crossover Deadline: there is no crossover deadline in Idaho
- Governor Signing Information: The Governor has 7 days to sign or veto a piece of legislation once it is transmitted. If no action is taken, the bill becomes law without signature. If the legislation is transmitted less than 7 days before the session adjourns, the Governor has 10 days after adjournment to act.
- Effective Dates for Signed Legislation: Bills take effect 60 days after the session adjourns, unless otherwise noted in the text of the legislation.
- Idaho Administrative Code: https://adm.idaho.gov/adminrules/agyindex.htm
- Idaho Administrative Bulletins: https://adm.idaho.gov/adminrules/bulletin/mstrtoc.htm
- Index of Current Proposed Rules: https://adm.idaho.gov/adminrules/11ProposedRules.html
- Idaho Rulemaking Process: https://adm.idaho.gov/adminrules/bulletin/rule_draftmanual.pdf
- State Agency Directory: https://idaho.gov/agency/agency_a.html